Happy Birthday to George Lucas, 69. Despite everything. Graffiti and Star Wars is still a one-two punch that stacks up with the very best, and then add his contributions to Empire and Raiders, and the good bits of the rest of his career (and I remain a big fan of Jedi)...He couldn't sustain it? Well, he's not the only one; he just did it in a way more public way than most.
And some good stuff:
1. Brendan Nyhan on the scandal(s) he predicted.
2. Fenno's Paradox and re-election, from Michael Ensley.
3. So much for rebranding, Ed Kilgore notes.
4. I think Conor Friedersdorf's continuing insistence that the War Powers Act matters is wrong, maybe even silly, but he's right about the CIA and Benghazi. The obvious answer, of course, is that Republicans don't actually care about the policy disaster in Benghazi.
5. And Abby Rapoport on the next approach for the US labor...oh, movement is too optimistic, isn't it? At any rate, the next thing they're going to try.