Happy Birthday to Sarah Alexander, 41. "Coupling" is almost certainly in my top 5 sitcoms of 00s, the last season notwithstanding. Although I'm very slow getting to things and so I'm open to dumping it for something else.
To the good stuff:
1. Andrew Sullivan, on his own. I've come to believe that, oddly enough, and whatever you think of his (and his team's) evolution into a blogazine or whatever it is (I think it's terrific, but that's another story), he's an underrated blogger. And he's always been incredibly nice to me and Plain Blog. Consider subscribing!
2. Excellent series of tweets about John Boehner from Ross Douthat, including this one: "Right-wingers who are mad at Boehner are mad at political reality outside GOP. Centrists who are mad at him are mad at reality inside GOP."
3. Matt Glassman on Know-Nothingism.
4. Abby Rapaport on marriage equality in the states in 2013.
5. And Greg Koger, scourge of uninformed filibuster arguments and Death Stars.