Happy Birthday to the other Frank Thomas, 83. I think he's the best player to be "the other", isn't he? No, Ken Griffey Sr. doesn't count. Cool most-similar list, and not just because Bobby Thomson is #1. I was always a big George Bell fan.
Anyway, moving to the good stuff:
1. Coming soon, perhaps: Congressional data. David Fahrenthold explains.
2. Sarah Posner updates on the fight against Planned Parenthood.
3. Andrew Sprung is upset that Barack Obama is Congress-bashing again, instead of Republican-bashing. My guess? The White House is listening to polling and focus groups.
4. For Josh Putnam (and he's not the only one) it's always time to think about presidential nomination rules -- including a sneak preview of a possible 2016 schedule. Actually, there's real news in that post, which is that it doesn't look as if this is going to be even a mild reform cycle.
5. And back to the theme I started with up top...Dave Gilson brings us today's quiz: Jim Messina Obama email subject line....or Loggins and Messina song?