Happy Birthday to Greg Norton, 53. I suppose for those who don't want to click -- the guy who plays bass, not the first baseman.
1. Steve Kornacki has a fun review of the recent history of fantasy VP picks by candidates who were never going to be nominated.
2. Gasoline prices and elections: Brad Plumer looks at the evidence, and John Sides does a bit of new research. Bottom line: high gas prices are a minor drag on a president's re-election.
3. Newt Gingrich is a snake oil salesman. This seems to upset Steven Taylor.
4. I hadn't heard of this one before -- Pundit Tracker, now sort of in a pre-rollout phase. I have no idea whether it will wind up useful or not, but this post is promising.
5. And Alyssa Rosenberg on Whedon's latest, and on Whedon.