More good stuff:
1. What's wrong with our journalists? Ezra Klein says that it's their sources. In another way, so does Yglesias. I think they're both on the right track -- remember, the first-order job of reporters is to report on what's happening, so there's a bit of GIGO that we shouldn't blame them for.
2. I like Mark Schmidt's take on Democrats and the South.
3. Don't miss Fred Kaplan on Rumsfeld. As good as you would expect it to be.
4. Mandatory TNC reading.
5. Good stuff on the courts and the political system from Noah Feldman.
6. Adam Serwer: post-birtherism.
7. Heather Mac Donald talks sense about movement conservatives (Egypt edition); Jesse Singal does some mythbusting about the rich, the poor, and the government. And Conor Friedersdorf has been terrific recently on why conservative yahoos are bad for conservatives.
8. But as good as Friedersdorf is, it sure is nice to have Andrew Sullivan back, and characteristically telling the truth.