One of the old-time sabermetric findings is that people don't learn to hit past the age of, oh, 25 or so. 99% of the time, that's true. I'm not sure why, but I really do think that Andres Torres is the other 1%. It's not that he's anything special now, but he was a puny singles hitter who would have needed a .320 BA to be acceptable, and now he walks and gets tons of extra base hits. It isn't really enough PAs to mean much, but I'm a believer, for what it's worth.
Meanwhile, I have nothing analytic this week, but for those who want good stuff I'll direct you to Steven Rubio's discussion of...oh, I don't know how to characterize it. When narrative and sabermetrics meet, perhaps?