Few were indifferent to President Obama’s cancellation last week of a plan by his predecessor to put defenses against intercontinental ballistic missiles, presumably from Iran, in Eastern Europe.Hmm....I'm guessing that millions and millions of people were indifferent. Really.
OK, on to the good stuff:
1. You might think that since you know where Sullivan stands on torture that you can skip his Letter to Bush. You would be wrong. 100% must read. (Also on torture, see Serwer)
2. I don't agree with everything that Matthew Dickinson says about Obama's speech to Congress, but he's not someone I disagree with confidently. Well worth checking out.
3. On missile defense, as usual, you want Fred Kaplan.
4. Ezra Klein is smart about Washington here.
5. On the crazy: interesting pieces from Rick Perlstein on the ACORN flap and journalism; from Conor Friedersdorf on Thatcher, Truthers, and Birthers; Seth Masket on party politics and race; and TNC on why the Cowboys are Evil and the Giants are Good...wait, my notes must be crossed -- just read TNC. Always. (But it is a good week to be a Giants fan. At least the football Giants).
OK, now, get to it...